Let's demystify stranded colorwork knitting! We will create a small cowl to explore the many aspects of stranded colorwork knitting. Holding one yarn color in each hand will be a focus in class; however, other options for yarn management will be included as well. There will be ample time to experiment with different stranding techniques to discover what works best for you. With a little patience and practice, you will be well on your way to creating stunning colorwork pieces!
During this two session class we will discuss the following:
- Brief review comparing stranded colorwork to other colorwork methods
- Color dominance
- Understanding parallel floats in colorwork
- Working with two colors of yarn in the round
- Adding in a new color
- Reading written colorwork instructions
- Reading a colorwork chart
- Catching floats in dominant color vs non-dominant color
- Correcting colorwork errors
- Weaving in ends
- Blocking colorwork
A materials list and homework will be provided upon registration. Please contact the shop for this after registration.Class minimum - 3 students
If the class minimum is not met, students will be notified prior to the class start date and a full refund will be given.